Celebrating Talent & Diversity
The BAME Apprenticeship Awards, now in its 5th year, aim to showcase talent and diversity within BAME communities through the celebration of those working hard to overcome adversity to achieve their goals through apprenticeships. The awards highlight the achievements of apprentices and the contribution of employers and learning providers who have assisted them along their journey.
At the 2021 awards on Thursday 30th September, a number of GMLPN members’ apprentices celebrated achievements!
Learning Curve Group won the Learning Provider of the Year award and Rudy De-Beck Nkansah-Adjei who works for ODEON / United Cinema Group and trains with Manchester Metropolitan University was the winner of Retail, Hospitality & Tourism Apprentice of the year!
In addition, the following apprentices were highly commended by the panel of judges:
Management, Legal & Professional Services
- Alika Lee – Leigh Day (The University of Law)
- Hossam Rashid – Severn Trent (The University of Law)
Charity, Voluntary & Public Services
- Priya Sambath – Suffolk County Council (Learning Curve Group)
Retail, Hospitality & Tourism
- Azhar Allahdad – Asda (Manchester Metropolitan University)
Engineering & Manufacturing
- Krupesh Chudasama – Sky (Seetec)
Digital & Technology
- Zaman Ahmad – Lloyds Banking Group (Manchester Metropolitan University)