We are Mantra Learning, the UK’s leading Logistics learning and development organisation. Mantra has supported the skills needs of the logistics sector for over 54 years and is an Ofsted rated grade 2 independent training provider. The Manchester site is well established as the largest specialist logistics training facility in the UK.
Our organisation provides training for people at all levels from supporting individuals to gain work to developing senior managers. We also strive to improve learners’ life prosects by offering programmes such as mental health and wellbeing, digital skills, English and Maths
Through our two key brands of The Job Gym and The National Logistics Academy and utilising several different types of government funding that we have successfully secured, we help thousands of learners each year to gain new skills.
We work with some of the biggest brands in the country, including Aldi, Wincanton and AO, delivering approximately 400 Apprenticeships, over 2500 Large Goods Vehicle licences and 1,100 Forklift Truck licences each year.
The primary focus of the Employability Director is to provide strategic leadership and guidance in all matters relating to the implementation of our significant AEB contract that was renewed recently. A further area of focus will be to ensure that strong relationships are built and maintained with our referral partners and members of our Job Gym GM supply chain of HGV training providers.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that our Job Gym partners and members of our Job Gym GM supply chain put the interest of the learner first and foremost and strive to deliver the most appropriate and highest quality provision available in Greater Manchester (GM).
- Managing and developing the Job Gym GM brand.
- Managing and developing Job Gym GM Supply Chain.
- Leadership and management of the Job Gym team
- To oversee the smooth and efficient operation of all programmes and contracts.
- Ensure that the day-to-day coordination and delivery of all training programmes is successfully managed by the delivery manager.
- Conducting manager performance reviews and providing adequate resources.
- Proactively seek to increase levels of referrals, training activity and learner engagement.
- Experience of creating business strategies and proposing implementation plans.
- Experience of dealing with and managing supply chain members/sub-contractors.
- Key Account Management and business development experience.
- Experience of preparing business plans, budgets and schedules.
- Significant experience of contract negotiation.
- Experience of working with and an understanding of funding bodies, such as the Skills Funding Agency.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good knowledge of the employability/return to work sector.
- Demonstrate good understanding of wider strategic issues whilst still applying attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels (including company executives and board members).
- Customer service skills.
- Project Management
- Planning, prioritisation, and organisational abilities to handle several projects at once.
- Effective Management and Leadership skills, particularly at a senior level.
- Problem solving skills and highly effective time management skills.
Negotiating and influencing skills.
- A good standard of academic ability with level 2 Maths and English as a minimum.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferable).
£50k+ pro rata DOE
23 days holidays pro rata plus bank holidays
Discretionary profit related bonus scheme
Subsidised team social events