Are you interested in inspiring the new generation of automotive technicians?
Mantra Learning Ltd is a leading training provider in the automotive and logistics sectors, with 52 years industry recognition. We provide support and development to help individuals to change lives across the northwest and we work with some of the biggest brands in the North west. Our resources include a fully functional workshop to enable a realistic off the job teaching and learning experience for our apprentices. We carry out and support end point assessment for city and guilds and IMI qualifications. Our organization works with over 600 apprentices and supports over 3,500 people annually to return to work and improve their life chances.
We have an exciting opportunity for you, as an automotive industry specialist (technician) to be part of the Mantra family. You may already be a tutor, or you may have ambition to become a tutor, and we welcome applications from people across the industry that are looking to progress. All you need is the industry (Automotive) experience and the willingness to pass on your skills to the next generation of automotive technicians. You do not require prior experience or qualifications as a tutor as full training will be given, however you will need to have comprehensive technical automotive knowledge and skills to a minimum level 3.
This position is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours a week and is based in Middleton, Greater Manchester. We may also consider part-time working (full days only) for the right candidates. Periodically you may be required to travel across locations in the North west to support learners in their workplace.
The purpose of the role is to inspire and engage a wide range of learners in a professional manner. You will need to provide technical skills and knowledge to apprentices and to regularly assess and monitor learners progress.
You will ideally have knowledge of all disciplines of the trade including light, heavy and hybrid vehicles.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to)
• Deliver training and assess learners in the training centre
• Ensure all training elements are completed in accordance with programme guidelines and awarding body requirements, within agreed timescales.
• Monitor and verify learners progress
• Embed the use of English and Maths into our training programmes
• Promote good workplace practices
• Upload evidence of learning using online platforms
• Participate in observations of teaching and learning in order to understand how to implement improvements and enhance the learner experience
• Promote and maintain safe working practices within the centre.
• Any other duties as requested by management in line with your job role
• High level of automotive technical knowledge and skills, including a Level 3 industry qualification
• Good understanding of modern technologies would be desirable
• English and Maths qualification at L2 or above ( or equivalent)
• IT/Digital experience desirable
• £22k - £26k per annum depending on experience
• Training package to become a Tutor
• 22 days holidays plus bank holidays
• Employee Assistance programme (EAP)
• Free parking
• Eyecare vouchers
• Subsidised team social events