Our workshops are delivered by local training providers and leading experts, They are able to demonstrate best practice and cover areas that providers have identified to be areas of concern.
Our rolling programme of training and qualifications can be viewed below.
All of our workshops and webinars range in price from £39-£119 depending on length and content.
Discounts may be available for group bookings and multiple masterclass bookings. You can find our more by contacting Richard.
Rising to the challenge: The Path to Outstanding Living the Common Inspection Framework
24.0.17 | 09.00 – 15:30 | Middleton
Fee £110 + VAT & Booking Fee
Who should attend?
- Leaders and managers anticipating inspection in the next 2 years
- Anyone who wants to know more about the new inspection framework and its methodology
What are the benefits for attendees?
- Facilitator, Marina Gaze who developed the Common Inspection Framework and inspection methodology, is a highly experienced inspector, improvement consultant and sector leader.
- Sessions designed to encourage debate and meet individual needs.
- Tailored activities to develop delegates’ confidence using the new Common Inspection Framework to self-assess and prepare for inspection.
- Hints and tips about how to work through the the inspection process and work with inspectors
- Clear explanations of what inspectors will look for in the aspect grades and types of provision grades.
What will attendees get from the day?
- An action plan to help implement the CIF and prepare for inspection
- A detailed understanding of what inspection using the new framework will really be like
- Opportunity to discuss your individual circumstances
- Facilitator’s materials.
Safer Staff Recruitment Webinar
03.07.17 | 10.00 – 11.30
Delivered by Phil Barnett, Safe and Equal Learning
Fee: £39.00 + VAT & Booking Fee
This webinar will explore in detail how to embed Safeguarding into all aspects of the staff recruitment process. It will cover compliance with statutory Safeguarding guidance and the practicalities of delivering HR policies and procedures in a Safeguarding-aware way. Content will include working on job descriptions and person specifications, shortlisting, interviews, references, discipline, induction and training.
Suitable for: All HR staff and for all other staff who may have a role in the recruitment of staff
Phil has worked across the further education sector as a consultant specialising in safeguarding since 2002. Previously he was the first Director of Equality and Diversity for the national Learning and Skills Council having been Director of Policy and Communications for the Commission for Racial Equality and a senior manager in further and adult education.
An expert facilitator of staff and governor training, Phil has delivered safeguarding training to hundreds of individual FE providers of all kinds. He began doing so as a member of the Learning and Skills Improvement Service safeguarding team. Since LSIS closed he has continued to provide safeguarding training through his organisation – Safe and Equal Learning Partnership – which he runs with business partner Debbie Betteridge.
The Key Skills of a Professional and Effective Interviewer
11.07.17 | 09.00 – 12.30 | Middleton
Delivered by: Helen Wilson: GPRS Recruitment
Fee: £69.00 + VAT & Booking Fee
The success of your business is totally dependent on your ability to hire the right people with the right skills and the right attitude for your company or your clients’ companies. Getting it wrong is costly.
This workshop is facilitated by Helen Wilson – professionally trained in recruitment and selection with the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) and has been interviewing candidates at all levels – from Apprentices to Group Board Level Directors for over 20 years.
Who should attend?
• Anyone who is involved in the interviewing process if either employees for their company or learners.
What are the benefits for attendees?
• This workshop will give you the tools to help to ensure you select candidates with the right skills and values for your company.
• The workshop is designed to encourage discussion.
• At the end of the workshop you will leave with a personalised action plan of new ideas to implement back at your desk.
What will the attendees get from the day?
- How to create a Shopping List – a profile of the skills, knowledge, experience and behaviours a candidate / learner needs to possess to be able to perform the role for which you are recruiting to the required level.
- An interview structure designed to give the interviewer added professionalism, confidence and control.
- Effective questioning techniques created specifically to help you to cut through ambiguity and identify whether the candidate / learner really does possess the skills, knowledge, experience and behaviours needed for the role.
- To be able to state the difference between biographical and competency based interview questions and how to use them both in a practical way to gain a better understanding of the candidate / learner.
- An understanding of Herzberg’s Theory of Workplace Motivators and how to use them to assess what will motivate your candidate / learner to accept the role if offered and reasons for leaving their present position / becoming a learner. Reducing the occurrence of counter offers and no shows.
- A selection of closing questions to enable you to determine whether the candidate / learner is really committed to the role you are offering.