Our workshops are delivered by local training providers and leading experts, They are able to demonstrate best practice and cover areas that providers have identified to be areas of concern.
Our rolling programme of training and qualifications can be viewed below.
All of our workshops and webinars range in price from £39-£119 +VAT depending on length and content.
Discounts may be available for group bookings and multiple masterclass bookings. You can find our more by contacting Richard.
Information/Cyber Security Strategies for Further/Higher Education leaders
Time: 09.30-12.30. arrival from 09.00
The spotlight on Information Security and Cyber Security is a prominent reminder that organisations in the UK are at risk. A solid, resilient Information Security Program is driven from the top down with senior stake-holder engagement and support. It affects every part of a Further Education organisation and improving security can seem like a huge undertaking.
Further Education institutions and private providers are rich in personal data and an attack could be costly both in fines, loss of earnings and reputation.
This workshop is not just an information session but a strategy development workshop to help you initiate, expand and improve your Information Security programme.
We will offer participants the unique opportunity to work with industry experts that consist of ex-military and ex-NATO Cyber specialists.
This event is aimed at those that can affect change in an FE organisation and will cover some of the following areas:
– Cyber Resilience
– Information Assurance
– The Cyber Security part of GDPR
– Business Continuity Planning
– Disaster Recovery
– Strategy Planning and Implementation
Delivered by North West Skills Academy, GMLPN MemberClick here to book
Effective Governance for Independent Training Providers (ITPs)
Timings: 09.30-12.30. 09.00 arrival
Ofsted is increasingly focusing on the role of governance within ITPs. ITPs have their own challenges and needs when it comes to governance – balancing the need to meet performance targets and at the same time ensuring an outstanding learner experience. This masterclass will give an overview of different models of governance and how an independent training provider can implement an effective governance structure. The masterclass will cover the following key areas:
- What you need to know about the Common Inspection Framework and Ofsted inspection
- What outstanding governance looks like according to Ofsted
- The current environment and challenges for governance in ITPs
- Governance models in ITPs and accountability – including effective external support and guidance
- What effective challenge by governors in ITPs looks like
- Understanding performance
- Skills, knowledge and supporting professional expertise
- Evidencing the work of governors or other supervisory bodies and effectiveness/impact
Mental Health, Wellbeing & Resilience
Date: 21 May 13.30-16.30. Arrival from 13.15
Location: Alliance Learning, Horwich. Free parking available on-site.
Fee: £75+VAT & Booking Fee
Delivered by GMLPN Member, Alliance Learning.
The course provides an introduction into the management of stress and the promotion of health and wellbeing within the workplace. The benefits include:
- Promotion of positive health and wellbeing within the workplace and at home.
- Increasing the knowledge of staff in how to spot their own and others’ symptoms of stress and how to positively influence wellbeing.
- The development of a workforce that takes personal and collective responsibility for self and others.
- Supporting line managers in how to approach conversations about stress and the management of stress.
- Increased resilience in the workforce and therefore a positive influence on rates of sickness and an increase in happiness, compassion and mindfulness across the staff group.
More about Alliance Learning:
Based in Horwich, Bolton, Alliance Learning is one of the largest independent apprenticeship training providers in the North West and have fifty years’ experience in the training industry. They employ over 70 members of staff and currently train around 600 Apprentices and 6,000 individuals every year to gain vital skills to take back to the workplace.