Our workshops are delivered by local training providers and leading experts, They are able to demonstrate best practice and cover areas that providers have identified to be areas of concern.
Our rolling programme of training and qualifications can be viewed below.
All of our workshops and webinars range in price from £39-£119 +VAT depending on length and content.
Discounts may be available for group bookings and multiple masterclass bookings. You can find our more by contacting Richard.
Audit Requirements of the New Apprenticeship Model
Timings: 09.00-12.00. 08.30 arrival
Location: Blackley Golf Club
Fee: £79 (+online booking fee & VAT)
The introduction of the Apprenticeship Reforms has significant audit implications.
This workshop will:
- Provide an update on latest guidance and examples of good practice
- Examine what these implications are
- Provide professional advice on evidencing compliance with eligibility, the funding rules, delivery of Standards, off the job training and ensuring that employer agreements and commitment statements are robust.
- Consider different compliant delivery models and outline an ‘employer checklist’ that providers should have in mind when discussing the Apprenticeship Standards with employers.
The workshop will be delivered by Kath Stott, a member of the Funding Audit & Assurance team at ICCA Education Training and Skills.
Prior to joining ICCA in 2014, Kath was employed by the Skills Funding Agency as a Principal Auditor.
Kath has worked within the education and training sector for 20+ years and is a qualified internal auditor having obtained a Diploma from the Institute of Internal Auditors (PIIA).Click here to book
Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety in Further/Higher Education – Prepare your organisation for 2018
- Date: 27 February 09.30 – 12.45. Arrival from 09.00
- Location: Peninsula HQ, Victoria Place, Manchester, M4 4FB
Fee: ComplimentaryGreater Manchester Learning Provider Network have partnered with Peninsula to bring you an employment law, HR and Health & Safety update for 2018, preparing colleges and independent training providers for changes that are about to take place in the FE/HE sector and allowing you to move forward into the New Year with confidence.You will receive practical advice on how to avoid Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety mistakes that no FE/HE provider can afford to make, with Peninsula’s expert speaker demonstrating a number of their award-winning methods which will help the way you run your organisation.Peninsula will also discuss their great partnership offers that include hosting free seminars for your employers to provide them with direct access to free information and updates to the ever-changing world of employment law.This is a must-attend, complimentary event – so make sure you book your place today.Click here to book
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Workshop for Training Providers
- Date: 22.03.2018
- Time: 08.30-12.30. 08.00 arrival & networking
- Venue: Mantra Learning, Greengate, Middleton, M24 1RU
- Fee: £79 + VAT (& small online booking fee
This event will provide the practical steps and guidance required to achieve a GDPR ready organisation. Each of the three key areas that GDPR affects will be addressed by our expert speakers.
1. Steps to Legal and Human Resources Readiness
- Health check – data protection compliance advice, audit services and staff training
- Subject Access Requests (SAR)
- Assistance with complaints and ICO investigations
- Assistance with data protection breaches and data protection litigation
- Risk assessments and compliance
- Practical Solutions to Implement GDPR within your Marketing Strategy
- From data capture to marketing and communications, we will be presenting how GDPR will affect how you market your business after 25th May 2018.
- Understanding your data and its locations
- Preparing for subject access requests
- Data capture and double option rule
- Managing and maintaining double opt-ins
- How to adapt your marketing strategy
- Database management and security
- Preparing Business, Data and Personal Security for Audit
- Cyber policies for audit
- Protecting your data from external threats
- Preparing your staff for GDPR to protect your data from internal risks
- Implementing reliable data protection services
- Ransomware recovery (without paying the ransom)
- Business continuity and offsite data protection
Information/Cyber Security Strategies for Further/Higher Education leaders
Time: 09.30-12.30. arrival from 09.00
The spotlight on Information Security and Cyber Security is a prominent reminder that organisations in the UK are at risk. A solid, resilient Information Security Program is driven from the top down with senior stake-holder engagement and support. It affects every part of a Further Education organisation and improving security can seem like a huge undertaking.
Further Education institutions and private providers are rich in personal data and an attack could be costly both in fines, loss of earnings and reputation.
This workshop is not just an information session but a strategy development workshop to help you initiate, expand and improve your Information Security programme.
We will offer participants the unique opportunity to work with industry experts that consist of ex-military and ex-NATO Cyber specialists.
This event is aimed at those that can affect change in an FE organisation and will cover some of the following areas:
– Cyber Resilience
– Information Assurance
– The Cyber Security part of GDPR
– Business Continuity Planning
– Disaster Recovery
– Strategy Planning and Implementation
Delivered by North West Skills Academy, GMLPN MemberClick here to book
Designated Safeguarding Officer Foundation programme
This practical, participative programme is for colleagues new to the role of Designated Officer. It will support participants to:
- Explore and understand their duties – how to do the job
- Understand the full scope of safeguarding issues and concerns
- Explore signs and indicators of abuse, neglect and radicalisation
- Clarify the distinctions and connections between safeguarding, welfare and other learner support
- Explore how to receive safeguarding reports, investigate them and make referrals
- Explore a “whole-organisation” approach to safeguarding and where the designated role fits in
- Understand and deliver on the Prevent Duty
The foundation programme will be delivered through a blended learning mix of facilitator input, small and large group-work, games and case-studies.Click here to book
Effective Governance for Independent Training Providers (ITPs)
Timings: 09.30-12.30. 09.00 arrival
Ofsted is increasingly focusing on the role of governance within ITPs. ITPs have their own challenges and needs when it comes to governance – balancing the need to meet performance targets and at the same time ensuring an outstanding learner experience. This masterclass will give an overview of different models of governance and how an independent training provider can implement an effective governance structure. The masterclass will cover the following key areas:
- What you need to know about the Common Inspection Framework and Ofsted inspection
- What outstanding governance looks like according to Ofsted
- The current environment and challenges for governance in ITPs
- Governance models in ITPs and accountability – including effective external support and guidance
- What effective challenge by governors in ITPs looks like
- Understanding performance
- Skills, knowledge and supporting professional expertise
- Evidencing the work of governors or other supervisory bodies and effectiveness/impact