Greater Manchester & Cheshire Vocational Education and Training (VET) Professional Exchange
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) has commissioned the Greater Manchester Learning Provider Network (GMLPN) to establish a Professional Exchange in Greater Manchester and Cheshire.
The objective of the Professional Exchange is to support teachers, trainers, assessors, managers and leaders to successfully adapt to the Apprenticeship and Technical Education reforms.
Work together, learn together
Our Professional Exchange is an opportunity for FE practitioners to work together, learn from each other and share issues and effective practice. Practitioners will be facilitated to collaborate across a range of specific areas, including (but not exclusively):
- Equality and diversity in FE
- Delivering the new digital standards
- Transition from assessment to training.
- Effective employer involvement in curriculum design and delivery
- Recruiting learners and managing progression
- New and growing training providers
- Work placements that work
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Anne/Richard on 0161 654 1508 to find out more and/or register your interest.
A comprehensive CPD programme for your organisation
The Professional Exchange is teacher-led and focused on improving professional practice and is firmly grounded in current policy and market changes.
FE providers will benefit from:
- a positive contribution to quality and better outcomes for learners, through practitioner-led self-development and training to address key issues, challenges and opportunities facing teaching staff
- a low cost, high value method for investing in your people and their professional development
- an enhanced reputation with key sector stakeholders and recognition of commitment to drive quality and Professional Standards within the organisation
- recognition of demonstrating strong partnership working,through supporting the development and well-being of the wider sector
- access to knowledge, skills and resources from other organisations and key sector experts.
Get and stay connected
Fundamental changes to Apprenticeships and Technical Education mean that FE practitioners are being presented with a raft of new opportunities.
Individuals will benefit from:
- professional development opportunities that are designed, developed and delivered based on individual and local needs
- being able to demonstrate their commitment to their own Professional Standards and development, which will support career progression
- recognition from the Education and Training Foundation, peers and their own organisation for their contribution to raising standards of practice in the sector
- access to the latest thinking and practice
- networking, support and sharing opportunities with peers
- access to high quality materials and resources.