The Minister of State for Skills has published his letter that sets out the funding available for apprenticeships, adult further education and skills for 2017-18. It is interesting to note the % changes year on year. Compared 2017/18 to 2016/17, the following applies:
- Funding for 16-18 Apprenticeships to rise by 7.6%
- 19+ Apprenticeships to increase by 16.2%
- Adult Education Budget to increase by 0.6%
- Advanced Learner Loans increasing by 25%
- Offender Learning to stay the same
- Funding support for 16-18, 19+ and AEB provision to change by -7.7%, +1.3% and -16.5% respectively.
The full letter and appendices can be viewed here