Bury College has been nationally recognised as a GOOD college following a recent Ofsted inspection.
The Ofsted report highlights the positive practices which are taking place across the college, particularly commending the ‘very effective support from teaching staff’. The result recognises the good behaviour which takes place inside and outside of the classroom contributing to ‘a welcoming and harmonious college environment.’
Highlights from the report include the following:
- ‘The proportion of students who successfully achieve their qualifications is high’
- ‘The vast majority of students progress to further or higher education or employment, or start an apprenticeship on completion of their studies’
- ‘Students on 16 to 19 study programmes benefit from highly effective and meaningful work experience and work-related learning that prepare them for further study, employment or starting an apprenticeship’
- ‘Students develop effectively their personal, social and employability skills’
- ‘Students and apprentices enjoy being at college and take pride in their work’
- ‘Students and apprentices behave well in college, contributing to a welcoming and harmonious college environment’
The report confirms the good quality of teaching, learning and assessment and praises leaders for nurturing ‘very effective partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure that the curriculum reflects regional skill priorities’.
Charlie Deane, Bury College Principal and Chief Executive is delighted, “This is wonderful news for Bury, Bury College and the communities we serve. I am delighted for our staff, students and governors. Their commitment and hard work has rightly been recognised by Ofsted as delivering high quality education and training.”
Becky Tootell, Bury College Vice Principal, Curriculum, Quality and Standards is equally pleased, “The report reflects the hard work of our staff, students, governors, parents and partners and supports the Bury College vision of excellent outcomes and positive futures for all.”
Applications are open to study at Bury College for September 2019 and individuals can enroll on an adult course or an apprenticeship all year round. Please call 0161 280 8280 or visit www.burycollege.ac.uk